Director Infrastructure and planning
Engineering Department is responsible for provision of infrastructure and services. The division of civil engineering is responsible for provision of housing, solid waste management, roads and storm water, maintenance of infrastructure, implementation and management of civil engineering projects.
- To extend infrastructure to reduce backlog and ensure access to basic services and stimulate economic growth
- To maintain existing infrastructure to ensure that no new backlog area created,
- To ensure acceptable standard of building practices
- To create job opportunities by employ Labour Intensive Methods of Construction in capital project implementation.
Engineering department, responsible for
- Roads and storm water
- Maintenance of Infrastructure
- Management of civil engineering capital projects.